Various Locations, Northeastern United States
With continued advances in wind turbine technology, the harnessing of wind power has become a fast-growing alternative energy source.
ATL has extensive experience with wind power projects having provided services for over 25 Wind Turbine Projects located throughout the Northeast.
Wind projects involve heavy civil work including construction of access roads, massive reinforced concrete turbine foundations, erection of tower and generator components, integration of electrical collection systems, and construction of various substation and support facilities.
These projects presented numerous logistical challenges, operate under strict construction schedules, and demand quick turn-around times for field and laboratory test results. ATL has repeatedly demonstrated an ability to deliver a quality service for our wind clients, regardless of geographic location and/or impediments.
Our team is dedicated to meeting project requirements, providing integrated and comprehensive services that assist our clients in meeting the complex challenges associated with Wind Turbine Projects.
Services provided included:
- Subsurface investigation and geotechnical engineering services associated with tower foundations, transmission routes, substations, etc.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Monitoring (SWPPP)
- Preconstruction testing and verification of various construction materials
- Foundation subgrade bearing capacity evaluation and verification
- Foundation base and pedestal reinforcing steel inspection and verification
- Foundation base and pedestal concrete materials field and laboratory testing
- Foundation backfill unit weight and in-place density testing
- Foundation pedestal leveling grout field and laboratory testing
- Foundation anchor bolt tensioning test observation and verification
- Access road infrastructure installation observation and field testing