One of our Senior Engineers, Steve Moore, PE, recently obtained a new ACI Certification: Nondestructive Testing Specialist – Concrete Strength. The certification course was held at ACI’s new Southern California Resource Center in San Bernardino. The course requires a working knowledge of the following ASTM test methods and practices:
- ASTM C597 – 16 Standard Test Method for Pulse Velocity Through Concrete
- ASTM C803/C803M – 18 Standard Test Method for Penetration Resistance of Hardened Concrete
- ASTM C805/C805M – 18 Standard Test Method for Rebound Number of Hardened Concrete
- ASTM C873/C873M – 15 Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Concrete Cylinders Cast in Place in Cylindrical Molds
- ASTM C900 – 19 Standard Test Method for Pullout Strength of Hardened Concrete
- ASTM C1074 – 19 Standard Practice for Estimating Concrete Strength by the Maturity Method
This was the first public offering of the course, and a huge achievement since only 20 people in the world now hold this certification. We’re proud to have Steve on our team and congratulate him on his new certification! For more information on nondestructive testing or concrete services, contact Steve Moore, PE at 518-383-9144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.