ATL has developed and refined systems and procedures to deliver accurate and reliable test results, while meeting client turn-around requirements. Tests are performed by experienced and certified staff, from accredited laboratories, and with Professional Engineer oversight. Project Managers are assigned to clients and projects, resulting in a focus on client service.
Services We Provide
- Qualification testing of coarse and fine aggregate for conformance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and project specifications
- Quality control and quality assurance testing of aggregates during construction to verify conformance with approved submittals and project specifications
Geotechnical Laboratory Testing
- Testing of soil and rock samples to support subsurface and site characterization, along with geotechnical and structural design
- Quality control and quality assurance testing of soil during construction to verify conformance with approved submittals and project specifications
Thermal Conductivity Testing
- Tests are performed to support the design of buried electrical transmission projects and as part of a quality control/quality assurance program during construction
- Thermal dry-out curves are developed to illustrate the relationship between thermal resistivity and moisture content of materials
- Curves are developed with specific measured moisture and thermal points (not empirically derived)
- Tests can be performed on a variety of materials and sample types, including rock, concrete, fluidized thermal backfill (FTB), and intact or remolded soil specimens
- Petrographic analysis of concrete is performed in accordance with ASTM C856 to assist in determining the cause(s) behind concrete weakness or failure and/or to determine paste content and composition, water/cement ratio, and mineralogy and physical parameters of constituent aggregates
- Analysis of air void systems within hardened concrete per ASTM C457
- Petrographic analysis of crushed aggregate to determine suitability for use in concrete and asphalt mixtures
New York is our home, but we can help you anywhere.
Get updates about what we’re up to.
Let’s work together on your next project.
© 2024 Atlantic Testing Laboratories, Limited. All rights reserved. shortcodefix