Atlantic Testing Laboratories is proud to announce that Will Bell has been added to the American Welding Society subcommittees for AWS D1.3 – Structural Welding Code: Sheet Steel, AWS D1.6 – Structural Welding Code: Stainless Steel, and on two Task Groups for AWS D1.1 – Structural Welding Code: Steel for Clause 3 (Pre-Qualification) and Clause 5 (Fabrication).
Will has been an active member of AWS since 2009 and has been recognized by AWS for his support and work in the advancement of the codes. As a result of his service to AWS, Will was recently granted voting privileges on these committees.
Will joined ATL in 2004 as a Technician. Since then, he has held positions as Senior Technician, Project Manager, Assistant Division Manager, Operations Manager, and most recently Steel Services Manager. Will attended SUNY Delhi where he earned his degree in Construction Management/Architectural Technology.
ATL has extensive nondestructive testing (NDT) experience in the following applications: Structural Steel Construction of Buildings and Bridges, Storage Tank Construction, Industrial Plant Maintenance, Pipeline Construction, Forensic Investigations, and Existing Structure Condition Surveys.
ATL offers the following services:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Shear Wave Thickness Testing
- Visual Weld Inspection
- Welding Procedure Development
- Welding Procedure and Welder Performance Qualification testing
- Level I and II training for UT, MT, and PT
- Shop and Field Inspection – Structural and Other Steel Construction
- High Strength Bolting Examination
- Special Inspections per Chapter 17 of the NYS and IBC Building Codes
- Manufacturing compliance of Steel Components
For more information on these services and others, go to “Services”