The month of April is recognized by the National Safety Council (NSC) as Distracted Driving Awareness Month (DDAM). Throughout the month, NSC is spreading the word that distracted driving puts everyone at risk. This is being done through social media posts, webinars, infographics, and various other resources, available for download on the NSC website.
ATL is also participating in Distracted Driving Awareness Month, utilizing posters and communications made available by NSC to spread the word throughout the company about the dangers of distracted driving. People who choose to are also encouraged to take the “NSC Just Drive Pledge” which can be found here, https://www.nsc.org/faforms/ddam-pledge , and is posted below.
The Just Drive Pledge:
I pledge to Just Drive for my own safety and for others with whom I share the roads. I choose to not drive distracted in any way – I will not:
- Have a phone or text conversation – handheld, hands-free, or via Bluetooth
- Use voice-to-text features in my vehicle’s dashboard system
- Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube or other social media
- Check or send emails
- Take photos (including selfies) or film videos
- Input destinations into GPS (while the vehicle is in motion)
- Call or message someone else when I know they are driving
For more information regarding NSC’s Distracted Driving Month, and to download additional resources, visit nsc.org/justdrive.