ATL OFFERS ASTM D 5334 THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY TESTING
Thermal Conductivity Testing can assist in identifying possible failures related to the amount of heat exchanged with the ground, or the amount of heat conducted between an electrical transmission line and the ground. It measures thermal conductivity, resistivity, and diffusivity.
ADVANTAGES OF TESTING MATERIALS FOR THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY
- Thermal resistivity and conductivity are crucial for underground transmission line designs. Understanding the thermal properties of the native soil surrounding the utility, the concrete used to encase the utility, and the backfill materials used, help ensure that the construction materials have adequate capabilities of dissipating the heat generated by the utility.
- Laboratory analysis of concrete mixtures, including Fluidized Thermal Backfill, and of both native soils and backfill materials, allows for the determination of soil thermal characteristics under different conditions
- ATL’s utilizes a thermal properties analyzer, compliant with ASTM D5334 and IEEE 442.
THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY SERVICES
- Field measurement of in-situ soils: Portable equipment is capable of making field measurements of in-place materials and native soils.
- Thermal Dry-Out Curve: Multi-point curve provides relationship between conductivity and moisture for a given material. Use for material approval or confirmation of critical values from design through construction.
- Sample Processing: ATL can perform testing on intact specimens of soil, rock, and concrete as well as remold specimens to a specified density. Our sample remolding process, without drilling the probe into the specimens, allows accurate readings without disturbance to the structure of the sample.
New York is our home, but we can help you anywhere.
We’re always working. Get updates about what we’re up to.
Let’s work together on your next project.
© 2020 Atlantic Testing Laboratories, Limited. All rights reserved. shortcodefix