The DA1500 is a heavy duty magnetic inspection unit that is capable of high output Alternating Current (AC) and Half Wave Direct Current (HWDC) magnetic fields for magnetic particle inspections. The AC settings are used to find very fine surface cracks in steel component. The HWDC is used to detect surface and subsurface defects to a depth of approximately 1/16″. Many specifications call for the use of this method to locate defects located on the surface and those beneath the surface as well.
The unit can be configured in several different ways, such as a fixed coil for examination of cylindrical objects as small as structural bolts, piping, or large shafts used in pumps and valves. Coil size can be adjusted to the size of the part by simply adding more cable. It can also be configured for a cable wrap method where the object is wrapped circumferentially.
Atlantic Testing Laboratories has extensive nondestructive testing (NDT) experience in the following applications: Structural Steel Construction of Buildings and Bridges, Storage Tank Construction, Industrial Plant Maintenance, Pipeline Construction, Forensic Investigations, and Existing Structure Condition Surveys.
ATL Offers the following NDT services:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Shear Wave Thickness Testing
- Visual Weld Inspection
- Welding Procedure Development
- Welding Procedure and Welder Performance Qualification Testing
- Level I and Level II Training for UT, MT, and PT
- Shop and Field Inspection – Structural Steel and Other Steel Construction
- High Strength Bolting Examination
- Special Inspections per Chapter 17 of the NYS and IBC Building Codes
- Manufacturing Compliance of Steel Components
For more information on these and other services, go to “Service“.